Why I Love My Wheelchair Ramp

The following are thoughts that may cross your mind if you are ever find yourself dependent upon a wheelchair while you are rehabilitating after breaking your leg. Imagine that you got released from the hospital, and the healing and bodily therapy are beginning.

Let's assume that in this story, you live alone, and you love the fact that you live alone. You've been crawling into your chair and wheeling yourself around your singular story house. But it is nice to get covering - sometimes for physician appointments, sometimes for fun. You've decided to get a temporary ramp that allows you to get out your front door and gives you a path to your front walkway.

Stair Lift Story

It gives me back my freedom. I will be saddled with this wheelchair for some months, and I am able to get into and out of my home any time I want. Before I had the ramp, I was stuck inside, sometimes for days. The only way I could get out was if a integrate of strong people, preferably young men, came over and helped guide the wheelchair down my covering steps.

It is safe. When whomever I was able to coerce into helping be get out of the house went straight through the process, I was scared to death. If I spilled out of the wheelchair, the cast might protect my broken leg, but it truly wouldn't help the healing process. And it would be painful, maybe to the point where I would just as soon turn around and go back to bed.

It makes me smile. Maybe grin is a best word for it - from ear to ear. I'll never forget the first time I rolled down that ramp. I had been cooped up for what seemed like years (it was truly only about a week), and I was able to go to a competition a relative was in at the local park. I saw other friends and relatives and was beaming so much my face began to hurt, but I didn't mind. I never even view about my leg.

Independence. Other than getting into and out of a car that day, I didn't have to rely on anybody. Boy, did that feel good. I could do what I wanted, when I wanted, and for as long as I wanted. Sometimes I chose to wheel away after only a few minutes. My choice!

Increased mobility. It was even easier for me to get around than it was for some of my relatives. A few of them were huffing and puffing, getting from one place to another. I was faster than they were, or at least on par with most of them. And I had no question looking a seat when I wanted one, I had my chair with me.

My wheelchair ramp made this inherent for me. An truly marvelous day!

Why I Love My Wheelchair Ramp

No comments: